Sunday, April 29, 2012

Fancy French


I wanted a french, my favorite nail style, but I wanted to add some bling to it so this is what I came up with. Again easy to do.

Nail Polish Used:
Sally Hansen Hard As Nails: 110 Hard to Get
Wet n Wild megalast: Private Viewing
Kiss Nail Art Paint: silver glitter

How To:
First I applied my base coat and then I used Private Viewing. Once that has COMPLETELY dried I used plain old/normal/not anything fancy scotch tape and taped up my nails only leaving only the tips exposed. This is my little cheat to getting great french tips ;-) *You really have to make sure that your nude polish is dry though or the tape will mess it up pretty bad* When you get all 10 nails taped up you can apply the white polish. I applied two coats of white and then I carefully removed the tape. I didn't wait for the white to dry this time and went right to my glitter nail art pen. Once I applied the glitter line to all the nails I let them dry a little and then started to apply my rhinestones with clear top coat and my dotting tool. I bought my rhinestones and dotting tools off of ebay. You can usually find all your nail art supplies on there for really cheap. My only issue with it is that its getting shipped from Hong Kong so it takes at least 3 weeks for me to get it. But anyway I got off track there. To apply the rhinestones you just simply use your dotting tool *or if you don't have one you can use a bobby pin* and apply a small dot of clear polish where you want the rhinestone and then with the other end of the tool I picked up the gem and pushed it into the dot. It's just as simple as that. Once you get all the rhinestones on just apply at least 2 layers of top coat.

Please leave comments and let me know what you think of this post, my blog as a whole, and/or what you want to see in the future!

Happy Painting

No comments:

Post a Comment