Monday, May 7, 2012

Color Review

This post is just basically a color review. I'm going to do two. The first one is this purple color :) I actually used two different polishes to achieve this look. First I used Wet n Wild megalast- 213c On A Trip and the second color is Pure Ice- Busted. I bought both of these at my local walmart for cheap.. Under $5 for the both of them. But the saying is true, you get what you pay for. I love the brush on the Wet n Wild because it's what they call a "manicurve pro brush" so it's rounded not cut straight across. I only needed two coats of it even though it was pretty runny. Once that was all dry I applied one coat of the Pure Ice- Busted. The colors are so close to each other that it only adds the shimmer, which is what I was going for :) All in all the color I "made" was pretty, a nice light lavender shade with a pretty slightly gold shimmer. Don't be afraid to mix your shimmers with different colors of polish.. I'll post later about a pink base and purple glitter combo that I just love.

My next review is Sally Hansen Insta-Dri: 470 Speedy Sunburst. I love these polishes because they have such great coverage. It only takes one coat! It's not thick and gooey either. I couldn't wait to use this color but then once I used it I was disappointed. It's not as pink as I thought.. it has a more red tone to it. Maybe it's just that way against my skin tone which is totally possible. I have no complaints about the product itself, as I said I love this line, but it's just not the color for me. Oh and I almost forgot...I again bought this at my local Walmart and it was only $3.57 I found this at other stores but walmart was just the cheapest. Well that's all for today. Thanks for reading :)

Please leave comments and let me know what you think of this post, my blog as a whole, and/or what you want to see in the future!
Happy Painting

No comments:

Post a Comment