Friday, May 4, 2012

DIY Nail Polish




DIY nail polish! I read somewhere online about making your own nail polish with eye Shadow.. Well I decided to try it! My thoughts on it: It's messy. The finished product; not bad. Just a heads up the color is going to be lighter then the eye shadow you choose and then the finished product when on your nails will dry matte.

Products Used:
 Any bottle of clear top coat.
(Since this was my first time I only used a small 5mL bottle)
Any brand/shade of eye shadow

I went to my local dollar store and grabbed some eye shadow (pictured above) and I used a bottle of top coat I had at home that I wasn't using.  I used a plastic drinking straw (It was the closest thing I could find) and started to scrape the eye shadow out of the container. I did this over a small piece of paper. Try to smash it up and not get any big pieces because the big pieces are hard to get mixed in the top coat. I then carefully poured the eye shadow into the bottle of top coat. This is where I made a mess, pour slowly and gently tap the bottle on the table to get the shadow to fall into the bottle.*Be careful not to bump the paper and spill the shadow-I learned from experience *  Once you get it all in there just put the lid on and shake shake shake senora :) Viola DIY nail polish!




Please leave comments and let me know what you think of this post, my blog as a whole, and/or what you want to see in the future!
Happy Painting

No comments:

Post a Comment