Saturday, May 12, 2012

Philadelphia Phillies!

In honor of going to a Philadelphia Phillies game today I decided to paint my nieces nails :) Of course I had to give her a little bling too!

Polish Used:
Sally Hansen Hard as Nails- 110 Hard To Get
New York Color Long Wearing Enamel- 131 Big Apple Red Creme
Pro-FX Quick Dry  High Gloss Top Coat

Materials Used:
Nail art brushes
Silver rhinestones
Dotting tools

First step and always important step, especially if you paint your nails a lot, Base Coat. I just use my Pro-Fx as my base coat. I continue on with painting all the nails except the middle finger white and use two coats. The middle finger I painted two coats of red. Allowing drying time in between coats. Once the second coats were dry I started painting on the baseball laces using my nail art brushes (available on Ebay from a bunch of sellers- I got mine for .99 for 3) After I got all the laces on I used my top coat and drew on the "P" *It's ok if you mess up because in the end you're going to apply top coat over the rhinestones so this will hide it* Working as quick as you can- but really its no big deal- apply the rhinestones on the "P" If the top coat dries while you are working on placing the jewels just reapply some more. Once you get all the rhinestones on apply a thick coat of top coat to the rhinestone fingers and just a normal amount of top coat on the rest to seal the baseballs. This design is a bit time consuming but SO worth it, these nails are adorable :)

Please leave comments and let me know what you think of this post, my blog as a whole, and/or what you want to see in the future! If you would like to contact me another way you can always email me at Ilovemypolish@yahoo.com :)
Happy Painting

No comments:

Post a Comment