Saturday, May 5, 2012

Toy Story Alien Nails


So who doesn't love the Toy Story movies?! I love them, and I just love the aliens. They are my favorite :) Since I love them so much I figured hey why not sport them on my nails? :) Here's the low down on how to do them... *Note: this one requires a lot of time.. there's a lot of drying time needed*

Polish Used:
Pure Ice- Celestial
Pure Ice- Wild Thing
Sally Hansen Insta-Dri- 430 Brisk Blue
Sally Hansen Lacquer Shine- 05 Flair
(2) Art Deco pens- Black and White

Other Tools Used:
 I bought these on Ebay from the seller (technology-etrade) for $1.26

 I also bought these on Ebay from the seller (ashopone) for $0.99



Anywho..
How To:
 First I painted my nails *except the ring fingers* with the Pure Ice- Celestial once they were dry I used one of my favorite tools -Tape- to tape off my tips. *Note: when taping your fingers you don't want to use too big of a piece or the tape will fold over on the ends and then it will be too hard to get off* Once I was all taped up I used the Sally Hansen- Flair and painted the tips. I let them dry somewhat and then painted my ring fingers with the Sally Hansen Brisk Blue. I then used my white art deco pen and drew on the alien head. Again allow time to dry. Once that's dry then I used Pure Ice- Wild Thing and painted the white green. I allowed it to somewhat dry, I was careful enough to not mess it up, and then I used one of my nail art brushes to apply a thin line of Flair between the green and the Brisk Blue. Once the green was dry I used my dotting tools and applied the 3 eyes to each of my aliens along with the black dot in the eye. Once it is all dry apply a top coat of your choice. Viola Toy Story Alien Nails! :)

Please leave comments and let me know what you think of this post, my blog as a whole, and/or what you want to see in the future!
Happy Painting

No comments:

Post a Comment